Keeping in view the application of information technology for research, library initiated automation of its collection of books, bound volumes of journals and newspapers and is made available through Software NewGenLib. Recently library is being provided with 22 computers with internet facility and more than 15000 full text online journals are available for research scholars at e-Library of Southern Regional Centre.
Additional Features of e-Library
- e – Resources are made accessible through the e-Library. The new web site of SRC – ICSSR is www.icssr-src.org, where the services and activities of the SRC for Social Scientists on web page are displayed.
- The Library collection is to be made accessible on net through OPAC (On line Public Access Catalogue) to share resources.
- Training Programmes are organized to use e-Resources and SPSS (Software) relevant for Social Science Research.
- Access to online journals
- e-Library working hours is 10.00 am to 04.30 pm
- e-Library is open on all working days except Second Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Terms and conditions
- Access is restricted only to research scholars/teachers involved with Social Science Research.
- Entry to the library is allowed only after producing the ID Card of the research scholar / teacher.
- The e Library is meant for Academic research pertaining to social sciences only and any misuse of the library (playing games, chatting, sending personal e – mails) will not be allowed.
- CD’s, Pen Drives, Floppies/any other external devices are strictly prohibited.
- Printing facility is also available at Rs.0.50 Paise per page.
- Information that has been downloaded can be sent to their own e mail IDs.
- Each person is given a maximum time of 1–2 hours of usage time. She/He has to make way for the others as per the waiting list.